What is Technical SEO? Whenever it comes to SEO, the two things which come first in our mind are Off-Page SEO and On-Page SEO. In the case of SEO, we often forget that apart from these two types. There is a third type of SEO which we call Technical SEO. Regarding this SEO, this is one of the most underrated parts of Search Engine Optimization. That’s why most bloggers do not pay much attention to. But you might be surprised to know that if the technical SEO of a site is weak then it has a bad effect on the off-page and on-page SEO of that site. Their effectiveness is reduced considerably.
Therefore, to make full use of SEO, you need to make sure that off-page and on-page SEO, as well as the Technical SEO of your site. It’s Useful to rank well in SERP. You can unlock the full potential of SEO of your website. So Today in this article, we are going to talk about what is Technical SEO and How can you apply it on your blog or website.
What is Technical SEO?
Search engines not only check a website’s keywords and backlinks to rank it in Google. But also do technical analysis along with both these things by technical analysis we mean to check the technical things of the website.
For example, How quickly a website loads, How its architecture, Is the Theme is mobile friendly? All these things fall under the technical SEO.
To rank our website in a good position in Google, the technical improvements that we have to make, altogether we call them as ‘Technical SEO’.
Technical SEO includes things like coding, sitemap submission, site architecture, indexing, and crawling of sites. Improving these things on your website is called technical SEO.
Importance of Technical SEO
Technical SEO is very important to rank our website in SERP. Today Google is One of the most used Search engines then Bing & Yahoo. Google does not like to rank sites with inferior technical SEO it is searched and tries to keep them as far away from people’s eyes as possible because it does not want people using it to visit inferior technical sites and Their user experience is poor.
Today, Google attaches great importance to the loading speed and design responsiveness of websites. The website opens quickly and adapts itself to every device (i.e. Mobile, Desktop, and Tablet), Google likes to show the best result to the people. Because they give good user experience to people and make their work easy.
If the technical SEO of our website is not good, then no matter how great we can do the on-page and off-page of our site, our chances of ranking on top in Google will be almost nil. Because Google prefers to show only those websites on top which provide very good user experience to the people. Technical SEO plays a big role in improving the user experience (UX) of our site. So give attention to the technical SEO of your website as you do on its off-page and on-page SEO. Because it is also as important as your site.
Important Factors of Technical SEO
Like off-page and on-page SEO, Technical SEO also has some factors based on which you can do technical SEO of your website.
If technical SEO is done using some techniques, then it can be very useful for your website. So these are some important factors with the help of which you can do technical SEO of your website-
- Domain Name –
- An SEO-optimized Domain tells people what the website is about. The products and services it giving. The domain stands out more within the sea of search result listings and becomes more likely to be clicked. A site can be accessed both www or without www. Although both these things access the same website, in the eyes of search engines, these two websites are different. Therefore, it is very important to tell them which version of our website need to give attention.
- Optimize Rebots.txt file –
- By going to the root directory of your blog, you can easily optimize your blog’s robots.txt file. This file gives information to the search engines that they have to show what is on your website in Google and which is not.
- URL Structure –
- The URL of the website should be as short and simple as possible. It is good for SEO to use keywords in it.
- Navigation and Site Structure –
- The design of your website should be like it is optimized for both the user and Google.
- Schema Markup –
- You can use Schema Markup to feature your website in Google’s featured snippet and people also ask for a box.
- HTTPS and SSL Certificate –
- Google gives more attention to the website whose URL has https (which is more secure) instead of Http. Also, websites with SSL certificates also remain Google’s grace.
- Website Loading Speed –
- The higher the speed of opening of a website, the higher the chances of ranking it in Google.
- XML SiteMap –
- Submitting website’s sitemaps to Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tool makes our posts crawl quickly in search engines.
- AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) –
- Using the AMP technique design. It will quickly load websites on mobile phones has a positive impact on the site’s Technical SEO.
- Mobile Friendliness –
- The website which opens well on mobile devices, Google gives them preference in their search.
Techniques of Technical SEO
By now you probably would have known what technical SEO is and what it means for our site. So now let see the Techniques of Technical SEO Step-wise.
- The work of the technical SEO of a website starts only when we buy Domain or Hosting for it. The domain has a lot of differences in the Google ranking of our website, so choose the domain name very carefully. Apart from this, the loading speed of our website has a huge impact, so take premium hosting for better technical SEO of your website.
- After purchasing the domain name for your website, go to the domain provider website and set your preferred domain name. With this, Google will give only one URL (www or non-www) of your website in its search, which will not spoil the technical SEO of your website. After this set your website to https and use SSL Certificate on it.
- After this, you have to go to the root directory of the setting of your website and customize the robots.txt file in it so that Google can rank only those things that you want to rank instead of ranking the useless things of your site.
- You have to put a layout or theme on your website that adapts itself according to every device, i.e. is responsive. Google gives more attention to mobile-friendly websites in its search.
- The architecture and navigation of our website should be very simple so that both the search engine Robots and the user will get a good experience.
- The URL structure of the website should be as simple as possible. For example- https://example.com/Post/145aX2.html has a much better URL structure https://example.com/post/what-is-techincal-seo.
- For Google and other search engines to crawl our site quickly, we should submit its XML sitemap in Google Search Console and Bing Webmaster Tool.
- Many times people do very heavy coding on a website to make it dynamic so the website takes too much time to load & it might chance to get bounce rate. Therefore, we should avoid using heavily coded themes as much as possible.
- Many times a 404-error occurs on our website due to broken links. We should customize the 404-error message to let people know about it.
- Today more people run the Internet on mobile than computers. So our website must load very quickly on mobile devices. For this, we can use AMP (Accelerated Mobile Pages) technology.