To get our website to rank well on Google and other search engines, we have to do its SEO. If we do SEO of our site or blog well then our website becomes useful to people in the eyes of Google and in this way it shows our site in a good position in its search, which increases the traffic of our site and She becomes popular. Today in this article we are going to talk about what is On-Page SEO? & how you can do on-page SEO of your site.
Definition On-Page SEO
On-page SEO refers to any optimization that you can simply control and include on your website. With on-page SEO you aim to create your website more usable and valuable to users to boost your rankings or visibility in SERPs
For example, whatever we include keywords in our posts or internal linking in our posts, all these things fall under On-Page SEO, because we do this while we are writing the post.
On the flip side, we do Off-page SEO after post publish. For example, sharing posts on SocialWeb and creating backlinks for them .. These are some of the things that come under Off-Page SEO. You can find their meaning by their name only. On-Page, that is, on an SEO page or post. Whereas Off-Page is used outside the SEO Page.
Also Read – What is Technical SEO?
On-page SEO Ranking Factors
On-page, SEO is not one thing but it is a mixture of many different things. Following are some of the things covered under On-Page –
- Keywords – All things related to keywords fall under On-Page SEO. Apart from the title, headings and subheadings of the post, we should also use the right keywords in the content.
- Internal Linking – The linking of other posts of your own site between posts is called internal linking. Internal linking also comes under On-Page.
- External Links- How you include links to sites in your post also affects the SEO of your site. If we give a link to good sites in our posts, then the SEO of our site improves slightly.
- Content – The type of content you write also deeply affects the on-page SEO of your site. The better your content is, the better your site’s on-page SEO will naturally be.
- URL Structure – How your site’s URL is written also makes a difference to the on-page SEO of your site. For example, if you are ‘What is on-page SEO?’ But the URL of your post is ‘https://example.com/firstpost12.html’, but it is not an SEO friendly URL. Instead, if you have the URL of your post ‘https://example.com/what-is-SEO.html’ then it is an SEO friendly URL. This increases the Google rankings of your site.
- Site Speed - The higher the speed of your site, that is, the sooner your site opens, the better will be the on-page seo of your site.
- Responsiveness– If your site adapts to different devices (mobile, computer and tablet) then it increases the chances of your site ranking in Google.
- Images- How you use pictures in your post also affects the SEO of your site. So do Image SEO of your blog.
- Videos – The video files you include in your post can prove to help improve Google ranking of your site.
- Meta Description– How you write the post’s meta description also indirectly affects your website. Because many times people read the meta description with the title and click on the post.
- Content Updation – Google likes fresh content. He wants people to be served as much fresh content as possible. So we should update the content of our site a little bit every 6-7 months (if possible). You can add new facts, new data to it and we should remove old and outdated things.
Importance of On-page SEO
In the present (2020), the thing that Google and other big search engines are giving the most importance is On-Page SEO. This thing is not only theoretical but also practical. I have experienced this in my blogging journey. Currently, the domain authority of this blog is not very much and its Off-Page SEO is also not very good. But the On-Page SEO and Content of our blog is quite good, perhaps that is why the posts of our blog rank very quickly and in a good place.
So if you are in a low competition niche, then Off-Page SEO does not matter much to you (although off-page SEO matters a lot in a highly competitive niche). So if you are a beginner blogger, then pay maximum attention to the on-page SEO of your site. If you keep the on-page SEO and content of your site good, then you will gradually find that the Off-Page SEO and other things of your site automatically improve with time.
Also Read – Top 5 SEO Ranking Factors of 2020
On-page directly tells Google what is the quality of your content is and what things you have covered in it. This allows it to rank your post in the right place in its Search Engine Result Pages. If the on-page SEO of your site is not right, then Google will have difficulty in understanding your content and in this case, there is a lot of chance that it will not rank your post in a good position in its search.
A large part of the SEO is under On-Page SEO. If done strategically, on-page SEO is very easy and gives good results. On-page SEO is done naturally while writing a post. It does not require any special strategy. We can check SEO your post by simply inserting the right keyword in the title, making your content thoroughly, adding relevant photo-video to it and internal linking it properly.
On-page SEO is very important for the site because on-page SEO is the thing that Google gives the most importance. Through on-page SEO factors, search engines try to understand what your content is about and how well it explains what it is about. Apart from this, if you have done well on-page SEO of your site, then Google can understand what the person who wants to search, what is his search intent. And if user intent matches your post then your site gets ranked in a good position.
Difference between On-page SEO & Off-page SEO
On-page SEO is done while writing a post while off-page SEO work starts after the post is written. In both of these, the ground is the difference of sky, but somewhere these two things are interconnected. The on-page SEO mainly depends on our content. The better way we write our content, design it, the better our on-page SEO becomes. On the other hand, the off-page SEO of a site depends on its promotion, the more you promote your post, the more it reaches people, generally, the better the off-page SEO of your post becomes.
According to my experience to date, On-Page SEO is more important than Off-Page SEO. On-page SEO is directly linked to your content. If the on-page of your site is bad it means broadly we can assume that the content of your site is bad. If the off-page SEO of your site is bad it means that the promotion of your site is bad. So if our content is bad then how can promotion work properly. So if you are not in a very competitive space, then pay more attention to your on-page. But if you are in a very competitive space, then you need to pay equal attention to your content as well as promotion and marketing.
Also Read – Top 10 Free SEO Tools of 2020
Techniques of On-page SEO
There are some techniques with which we can improve the on page seo of our website. If we take care of these things while writing a post, then our site can become very good in terms of on page seo. Here are some such on-page SEO tips-
- Keyword in Title – Title means that including your main keyword in the title of the post is very beneficial in rankings.
- Keyword in Headings / Subheadings – Including the keyword in the heading and subheadings of your post increases the chances of the post to rank in Google.
- Add Social Sharing Buttons – By adding social sharing buttons to your site, people share them on social sites, so that our posts reach a lot of people.
- Keyword in URL – Including keywords in the post’s URL increases the ability of the post to rank well in Google.
- Keyword Density – Post you should write your keyword in sufficient quantity (about 3% times). This improves the on page seo of your post.
- Content-Length – Google gives more importance to detailed posts as they give readers complete in-depth knowledge about a topic. Therefore, try to write detailed words. But avoid increasing the number of meaningless words.
- Use Natural Language – Keep in mind, you have to write posts for people and not for Google. So include keywords in your post in such a way that they look natural. Do not use keywords everywhere meaninglessly. The amount of keywords does not matter, but when and where you use them makes a big difference.
- Alt Tag in Image – Writing alt tag in blog pictures increases the effect of on page seo.
- Page Loading Speed - The faster your website page loads, the more Google gives priority to your website in search results.
- Internal Linking – The more you do internal linking in your posts, the more benefit your linked posts get.
- Meta Description – Although meta description has nothing to do with our ranking directly, a good meta description motivates people to click on our posts in SERPs.
- Avoid Annoying Ads – Try to avoid as much as you can from unnecessary annoying advertisements on your site. The visitors coming to our site due to unnecessary advertisements have trouble and they hesitate to come back to our site.
- Redirects – We should try to avoid redirecting the pages of our website as much as possible. Google does not like redirected pages much.
- Readability – The easier your site is to read, the better it will be. For this, keep your text font appropriate so that people do not have trouble reading your content. Also, pay attention to the colour of the text.