Nowadays WhatsApp group is the best way for all of us to stay connected with our family or friends. People in Whatsapp group add us without permission, which becomes quite annoying for us. Many of us wonder if there is no way to stop people from adding to the WhatsApp group. So if you also want to know how you can stop anyone from adding to the WhatsApp group, then this post of today will be full of help for you. So let see “How to Stop Someone from Adding to WhatsApp Groups.”
How to stop someone from adding yourself to WhatsApp groups
To prevent yourself from being added to the WhatsApp group, you have to enable the privacy settings on your WhatsApp account. To enable this feature, first of all, you have to keep in mind that your phone should have the latest version of WhatsApp. You can enable this privacy feature for your Android and iPhone using the help given below step.
If you are an Android user, You can prevent anyone from adding you to the WhatsApp group without permission.
Also Read – How to remove duplicate contacts from Mobile
- Open WhatsApp and click on the vertical three-dots icon in the top-right corner.
- Now you tap into account and then privacy in settings.
- In Privacy Setting you can scroll down below & you will get option called Groups
- Now you can select any option by clicking on the group, everyone, my contacts, and my contacts except.
- If you select the My Contacts option, then any of your contacts can add you to the WhatsApp group.
- If you select My contacts except then you can choose selected people who cannot add you to the WhatsApp group. And If you want then you can select the numbers by doing it, Or you can select all your contacts by clicking on the select all icon.
- Once you select all then scroll down & Save the changes.
After enabling this privacy feature. when you want to join any group, you will get a notification In which you will have three day time to join the group. It will expire after three.
Hopefully this article “How to Stop Someone from Adding to WhatsApp Groups” will be helpful for you.
Also Read – Stop making these 5 WhatsApp Mistakes Right Now