Do you want to submit your website or blog to Google search console so that your blog OR website starts showing in Google search? Google Search Console also known as Google Webmaster Tool. Why is it necessary for a website? In this post, we will tell you why a webmaster tool is necessary for a website or blog and through today’s post we are going to tell you How to add Website in Google Search Console. In this post, we will learn more about Google Search Console.
Is it important to submit your website to 'Google Search Console'?
The answer is ‘YES, It is Important. As we know that in today’s age 90% of people use google search engine for any information on the internet. If you do not submit your website to Google Webmaster Tool or google search console then your website or blogs will not show in google search results and until your website pages show in google search results Organic i.e. you will not get search traffic so most of all you need to submit your website or blogs in google search console because it is also the part of an SEO.
How to Submit your website in Google Search Console?
Now Its time to see how to submit your website or blog to the google search console so that your blog or website starts showing in google search results. There are 2 Methods to add your website in Google Search Console
- With Domain Name
- With URL Prefix
We are going to see both the method step by step, To submit your website or blog in Google Search Console follow the below steps
Add Website in Google Search Console with Domain name
- Sign in to Google Search Console
- Once you sign in it will redirect to the below page
- Submit the Domain name of your Website or Blog & Click continue.
- Once you click continue it will verify your domain name.
- You will get a code that you have to submit to your DNS.
- Copy the Code & Login in to your Domain name Provider i.e. GoDaddy, Hostinger, etc. (From which you have purchased Domain)
- Once you login into your Domain account
- Go to Domain name/Setting
- Click on Manage DNS records, you will get Box like below
- In the 1st box ‘Type’ – Select ‘TXT’
- Name – Enter your domain name
- TXT Value – Paste the code which you copied earlier
- TTL – 14400
- Click on Add Record
- Once DNS Record updated Successfully
- Go back to your Google Search Console page & Click on Verify
- If you have entered everything properly it will show “Ownership Verified”
Add Website in Google Search Console with URL Prefix
- Enter your Website/Blog URL in URL Prefix & Click Continue
- You will get the below option
You will get 5 methods to update your website in the Google Search console. Let see 1st two methods step by step
- HTML File
- Click on HTML File & Download the file & save it your computer
- Go to Cpanel then click on File manager
- Click on public_html & upload your file
- Then click verify
- HTML tag
- Click on HTML tag
- Copy the Code, now go to your WordPress Dashboard
- Go to Appearance then click on the theme editor
- Paste the code intag as shown below
- Click on the Update file
- Go back to Search Console & Click Verify
Guys, I hope you like this article ‘How to add your website in Google Search Console, Please also share this article with your friends.