How to remove duplicate contacts from Mobile – Sometimes we have more than one or two copies of single contact on our phone. This is often the case when we change the device to factory reset, contacts sync, SIM. Duplicate contacts mismanage our contacts and we have trouble finding the number. If this happens to you, you can remove your duplicate contact by following our instructions.
Also Read :
How to remove duplicate contacts
There are 3 Methods to remove Duplicate contacts from list, below are the 3 methods which will help you to remove it from your mobile. so let see which are they.
- Method 1 – Phone Contact
Most Android phones come with a built-in contacts merging feature. The phone scans all contacts and deletes duplicate contacts with the same number and email address.
- Go to your Contacts List and tap the Menu button.
- In the menu, click on “Merge accounts”
- Click on “Merge accounts”
- Then click OK, now all your contacts will be merged.
This method will merge all your duplicate contacts
2. Method 2 – Delete Contact from Gmail
If you want to backup your data, you need to enable contact syncing from Gmail on your phone. This is an Android built-in feature that syncs all your contacts from your phone to Gmail. If this is enabled, you can delete all duplicate contacts from your Android phone.
- Open your Gmail account
- Click on Gmail
- Select “Contacts” from the drop-down menu
- Now your contact page will open
- Click on the More option at the top of the screen and then click on Find & Merge Duplicates.
- After a while, you will see that all the duplicate contacts will be merged. If you want to keep a duplicate of contact, you can uncheck that contact.
3. Method 3 – Delete Contact with help of Applications
There are many apps that can help you manage your Android contacts, with Simpler Merge Duplicates being the best option. It works in the same way as Google provides Gmail on the web. All you have to do is launch the app and the app will score your phone contacts and create a list of duplicate matches. Then you need to review your contacts and select the contacts whose duplicate matches you want to merge.